Personal Page Prof. Dr. Detlef Lehmann, WS 2023/24
video of the week: this series has concluded on January 20th, 2017
- West Wing Week of January 19th
- Josh Earnest reflects on the past eight years when the President drops by
- final press conference by the President on Jan18th
- President Obama's Farewell Address
- 8 years of performance, 95 months, 413 weeks, 2889 days, 69336 hours, day by day, hour by hour,
minute by minute by minute
- ..and more respected today than they did eight years ago: President Obama holds the year end press conference
- ..on the first day of my administration, I promised to restore science to its rightful place: President Obama
on the 21st Century Cures Act
- ..speaking of really smart people: President Obama awards the Medal of Freedom
- ..world is complex: President Obama on foreign policy
- ..MacDill Air Force Base with the usual enthusiasm: President Obama thanks the Armed Forces
- ..I don't think he is ideological, I think ultimately heís pragmatic: President Obama holds a news conference
- President Obama meets with the president-elect
- the sun will come up in the morning..
- ..and it would be my job to welcome the new president and escort him over to the Capitol in which there would be
a peaceful transfer of power, that's what Americans do
- ..hello Ohio!! The President on the campaign trail
- ..and they love you very much, you are the most popular person in the Colombian polls (inaudible: that's not
true here in the United States..):
President Obama with President Santos of Colombia
- ..and as a consequence, I believe we have been a force for good: President Obama's last address to the UN
- quick reminder...
- Facts, Evidence, Reason, Logic..
- President Obama at the conclusion of the NATO summit in Warsaw
- the President at work fighting with the usual obstacles..
- ..no matter what they do, they are under suspicion: President Obama delivers a Statement to the Press
- ..but if you've been paying attention and what's been going on in the media these last six or seven month, as time goes by,
we probably gonna miss him more than he misses us, thank you.
- President Obama delivers the Rutgers Commencement Address (with full version here)
- ..that makes April the 74th consecutive month of private sector job growth in America
- ..I hope you all are proud of yourselves: President Obama at his final White House Correspondents Dinner
- ..on wh.gov, this is announced as ‘President Obama delivers remarks at Hannover Messe Building 35’
- ..a lot of this stuff is legal, not illegal: the President on corporate tax loopholes
- the President in Havana, Cuba
- President Obama makes an announcement on his Supreme Court Nominee
- ..the world pays attention to what we say and what we do
- US unemployment rate down to 4.9%
- ..and oftentimes itís reported just like entertainment, but as you get closer, reality has a way of intruding
- ..don't go!!!
- ..murder, robbery, rape, adultery and incest will be openly taught and practiced: okay, same as last week ;-)
- ..and I was passionate, idealistic and ready to make a difference: if you watch one thing this week, it should be this
- in one year from now this could sound somewhat different..
- ..these are the same folks who would have let this industry go under: the President in Detroit
- President Obama's final State of the Union address
- ..in dem wir so sehr herausgefordert waren, Worten Taten folgen zu lassen: die Neujahrsansprache der Bundeskanzlerin
- ..to deliver on behalf of the American people: the President holds the year end press conference
- nearly 200 nations agreed on common goals
- Paris press conference
- the Turkey edition of the West Wing Week.. ( ..who cooked? )
- Thanksgiving in the US
- quick update on the Presidentís trip to the Asia Pacific
- ..we are already largely open to them, but they often have been close to us, we're changing that
- last week, Democrats and Republicans came together..
- ..and now it is my honour to introduce the President Barack Obama
- in 15 months I'm turning over the keys
- You seem like a nice young man, why would you wanna go into something dirty and nasty like politics? Answer is here
- if you are not at the table, you're on the menue..
- ..you don't get what you want a hundred percent of the time: President Obama on the resignation of Speaker Boehner
- you wouldn't know any of this if you were listening to folks who are seeking this office that I occupy..
- ..because I believe there is such a thing as being too late, or: if we don't do it, nobody will
- President Obama speaks to the people of Kenya
- the Science Advisor to President Obama on the "Blue Marble"
- it's been a remarkable few weeks in America..
- more motivated than ever: that's how this country is supposed to work..
- ..love is love
- if there is a conflict between ideology and reality, you should opt for reality..
- President Obama gets an NBA announcer-style introduction to the U.S. Conference of Mayors
- the less government interferes with the market place, the better off we are all..
- best campaign speech ever.. (full version is here)
- President Obama addresses the Intelligence Community
- ..oh man, I love Obama, but what's goin' on here?
- the President comments on Greece
- Happy Birthday, West Wing Week!
- the President working tirelessly and relentlessly and with more commitment than ever for the american people
- It's working, despite countless attemps to repeal, undermine, defund and defame this law..
- msnbc runs the tape back... ..and here is the full speech (unitl 36:30, rest is Q&A)
the White House Archives: https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov